Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My First Grange

I finally had a chance to drink a bottle of Grange, collecting the spoils of a little wager with my old boss.

After the first taste, I knew something wasn't quite right, but it wasn't off. I couldn't put my finger on it, perhaps it just needed time to open up, as it did seem to get better with some more time in the glass/decanter. To be fair, we only gave it about 30 minutes intially.

Not much else to say...unfortunately an underwhelming experience for my first tasting of a $500+ bottle of wine. I will need to ensure I collect on my other wager with another colleague to improve the experience.

Incidentally, it was a '92 Grange, which should in theory, just be starting to drink well now...

1 comments:

drewyn said...

I hear ya dude, I just had a similar experience with a 9 dollar clean-skin the other night ... >_<