Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our Sunday Best


Natasha is blogging upstairs on the sticky date pudding she just made from scratch, which was awesome, so I figured I might as well finish mine off for the day. Although it might seem like I've done nothing but update this blog today, most of the effort was transferring some old posts from my Bigpond blog, which I have decided was crap (the template/layout not the content...).

As it turns out, I made the wrong choice and took Seamus to the park and missed the best part of the Swans game. They came back to tie the game in the end - and I missed it! Still kicking myself I didn't go to the game, just felt a bit lazy today I suppose... In my opinion (probably biased), the Swans should have won because the game-tying kick from Brett Kirk was touched behind the goal line (i.e. it was a goal, not a behind...). Anyway, two points is better than no points...

So...we finished two of the wines we purchased today, starting with the Mesh Riesling while preparing dinner (which admittedly for me was more watching television than preparing...). A great young Riesling that will also cellar well, although I think this one is a little less acidic so might not be a super long term wine. For dinner, along with the lamb roast, we had the Saltram No. 1 Shiraz, which was everything one could ask for from a Barossa Shiraz - Big, Fruity (but dry) and long lasting. Looking forward to drinking the next two with a little age. I still don't know why it is discounted so much, I assume it was to clear the '03 vintage. I will have to check in the next few days to see if the '04 is there at the same price. Regardless of the vintage, I'd snap it up at the current $38/bottle price.





0 comments: